Children's Social Worker
Grade G, £27,905 to £31,371 per annum – pre completion of ASYE
Grade H, £32,029 to £35,934 per annum – post completion of ASYE
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Be the difference........
There’s no doubt, in order to make a difference for the children and families in the borough we serve, we need great people working together to achieve the very best we can. We are proud of the team spirit engendered right across our service and we know that having supportive colleagues around you is what makes the difference – so we really want to encourage you to join us and become an essential part of our service.
Improving outcomes for children will be what motivates you – it is what motivates us too! To do this, we are committed to offering flexible working and ensuring you achieve a good work life balance. We also offer supportive and directive management and a commitment to a manageable workload. We asked our social workers why they like working for Blackburn with Darwen, the key themes were:
· It is a friendly place to work and all of the Children’s Services are situated within one building. The assessment and safeguarding team have priority parking outside of the building.
· We are keen to harness digitisation and have invested in tablets for our social workers, to enable agile working and support innovative ways of undertaking direct work with children and families.
· You are valued, developed, supported and given the opportunity to grow. We offer training on risk, sex offender/safe carer, capacity to change, neglect, GCP2, motivational interviewing and engagement training. We offer development days, workshops, one to one support sessions and consultant advanced practitioners on complex cases.
· We commission CPD programmes delivered by UCLAN
· As an enabler of change for children and families, there are a range of services available to enhance support to families. We are a unitary authority that is proud of its strong prevention offer, there is a range of services that wrap around children and families; We have been fortunate to maintain all 8 of our children’s centres; we have an Adolescent support unit, a dedicated family group conferencing team, an in house therapeutic team which is led by Clinical Psychologists, family support services, that provide intensive support including out of hours support.
· We achieved overall Good in Ofsted and excellent in other areas such as our ASU (Adolescent Support Unit) who work with high school aged children and their families to prevent them entering the care system and have had great results. Our next goal is to provide the same service for our primary school aged children.
Whilst we are not going to shy away from the fact the work is challenging, it is also really rewarding and you will play such an important role in deciding what happens in our children’s futures – indeed, we just couldn’t do it without you. So we know you will understand why we want to make sure we get the right people with the right skills, attributes and abilities to join our service. Our assessment process for prospective candidates is really robust and our Children’s panel representatives play a key part in this.
We are based in Duke Street, which is a beautiful purpose built building with open plan office space, flexible seating arrangements, modern kitchen facilities and all the latest technology. There is also parking on site for a small contribution. So, what’s in it for you? Your commitment to your own professional development will be paramount - you will have access to approachable and supportive management who are committed to your ongoing development as we are keen to ensure you continue to develop a wide range of social work practice skills. It goes without saying that you will be HPC registered and have a thorough knowledge and experience of legislation, statutory guidance and regulations relating to children in need of support or protection.
The key requirements document outlines the role in more detail, but we know you will want to find out a little bit more – so we really want you to encourage you to come and have a chat about the role we do, so please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org who would be delighted to hear from you.
Find out much more about our Social Work world at: http://theshuttle.org.uk/blackburn-darwen-social-workers/
Please note that your CV needs to evidence the requirements of the role profile with a supporting statement outlining how you meet the key requirement.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Can you provide evidence that you have or are working towards HCPC registration?
- Do you have or are working towards DiPSW or equivalent qualification?